College of the Desert Is Wasting Your Money.
- It takes COD students four years to earn a two-year degree.
- For too many years, COD leadership has promised solutions, but the solutions never come.
- In both 2004 and 2016, Desert Community College District voters approved $947 million in bonds to build and improve COD campuses in the Coachella Valley.
- COD leaders promised a new Palm Springs campus would open in 2022. This project has been abandoned.
- COD leaders promised the new Roadrunner Auto Tech School in Cathedral City. This project has been cancelled.
- Needed Mecca campus improvements have been abandoned.
- COD’s focus and our resources to new plans for a Coachella campus – with no public input!
Who is to blame?
- New COD President Martha Garcia and the new leadership of the COD Board of Trustees have broken the promises made to Coachella Valley voters, taxpayers and students.
- COD leaders have thrown away up to $60 Million on these cancelled projects – with NO accountability.
- Coachella Valley students have lost essential education assets and opportunities.
- Community College District taxpayers continue paying to support these misused COD bonds.
What is the solution?
- Stop the COD Trustees and President Garcia from using COD as their political hostage.
- Demand accountability of our COD leaders.
- Make COD leaders reveal what they have done with the millions they have wasted and the millions they are shifting to pet projects to buy political power.
- Replace the COD Trustees and President Garcia with leaders who respect the needs of our students and the trust taxpayers have placed in COD.
- Restore COD as an essential educational asset in the Coachella Valley and our local economy.
Let your voice be heard!
Join Promises Made – Promises Broken, a coalition of Coachella Valley students and taxpayers fed up with the failures of COD leadership.
In the News
- COLLEGE OF DESERT TRUSTEE RUBÉN PÉREZ STANDS FIRM BEHIND HIS WORDS“I completely disagree with the censureship as it is my First Amendment right to speak my thoughts and feel this is a violation of that constitutional right. Furthermore, my constituents elected me to speak truth to power and this censureship would prevent those same constituents who have historically been silenced to continue to be silenced. I know that as a Trustee it is my duty to speak up for those that cannot, and I intend […]
- COD TRUSTEE KINNAMON ALLEGES POTENTIAL ‘ILLEGAL’ ACTIVITY USED AGAINST HIM IN CAMPAIGN, SEEKS EXTERNAL FORENSIC AUDIT TO REVIEW EMAILS – UKEN ReportPALM DESERT — Much of Joel Kinnamon’s campaign was built on the platform of “Getting COD Back on Track” by expressing his commitment to the public of providing accountability, transparency and fiscal responsibility. He’s wasting no time in making good on that commitment. He boldly called for a forensic audit in January at his first meeting as Area 4 Trustee. Read full article here
Help Support Our Effort
With the aim of helping as many current and future students as possible and holding College of the Desert accountable, our Coalition could use your support.
Please follow us our social media and Join Our Facebook Group to let your voices be heard.